It’s sizzling-hot summertime in sunny South Africa, our beautiful land of braais and get-togethers! And luckily here in Jozi, summer lasts for another few months yet – so why not get creative this weekend with All Gold’s amazing sticky Moroccan lamb riblets recipe – and wow your friends and fandam.
Sticky Moroccan Lamb Riblets
· Serves 4 to 6 starter portions
· Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus marinating time
· Cooking Time: 20 to 30 minutes
· 16 – 20 Lamb Riblets
For the Basting:
· 1 Cup ALL GOLD Hot & Spicy Tomato Sauce
· ½ Cup ALL GOLD BBQ Sauce
· 2 Tbsp Harissa or Chermoula Spice
· ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
· ½ Cup Honey
· 2 Tsp Finely chopped fresh Mint
· Salt and Coarse Black Pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Add the riblets to the sauce and rub sauce all over the meat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 3 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 220 °C or prepare the braai.
4. Place the prepared ribs onto a baking tray or straight onto the braai grid.
5. Roast in the oven or on the braai for approx. 20 to 25 minutes, basting all the time with excess marinade.
Chef’s Tip: Serve with assorted salads for a main meal, as finger snacks or as a starter. Have serviettes nearby, these are moreish and messy! This basting can be used on chicken or pork as well. YES!
Hello Joburg was first published in April 1980 as a monthly restaurant and entertainment magazine. Over the years we have developed a network of patriotic Joburgers that love nothing more than sharing their experiences in this beautiful city!