Isn’t it strange that drinking 8 glasses of water a day seems impossible, but drinking 8 cocktails is an absolute breeze? Forget buying those ‘cocktails in a box’ – make ‘em from scratch and sip your way through the festive season! Believe us… they are delicious!
Milk and Honey Bar – Where flair and flavor combine!
Cocktail – Festive flip
1 Bar spoon Cloves
50ml Bacardi Oakheart
25 ml house made Cinnamon Syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters
10 ml cellulose
1. Start by muddling a bar spoon of cloves in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the Bacardi Oakheart, cinnamon syrup, cellulose, bitters and egg and fill the shaker with cubed ice.
3. Shake vigorously to mix all the ingredients, chill the cocktail and create a creamy foam. Shake until a frost layer appears on the outside of the shaker before straining off and discarding the ice.
4. Shake again, this time with no ice. This will lengthen the foam.
5. Fine strain into a chilled coupe glass.
6. Garnish with a ginger snap and cinnamon dust.
Grappa Nonino – A luxury flavour experience
Cocktail Name – Supernova – Created by Mixologist Daniele Dalla Pola, Nu Lounge Bar, Bolagna – Italy
4 cl Grappa Nonino Monovitigno Prosecco Bianco
1 cl Drambuie liqueur
2 cl Domaine de Canton liqueur
1 cl honey diluted with water (1:2)
1 cl fresh lime juice
1 dash of almond extract
2 drops of Bob’s Ginger bitter
1. Shake all ingredients together and double strain.
2. Serve in a cocktail glass. Best if served at 10°C or in a chilled glass.
3. Garnish with caramelized ginger and a lime peel.
Note – The Supernova is best enjoyed when sipped on in good company to celebrate an anniversary, or sipped on while waiting for a friend to arrive. To relax after an intense working day or launching into a love declaration, whilst listening to your favourite music or as the perfect beginning of a romantic evening.
Tullamore D.E.W. – The legend!
Cocktail – Irish Legend – Created by the Tale of the Irish Legend
45ml Tullamore D.E.W Original Irish Whiskey
40ml apple juice
10ml lime juice
5ml sugar syrup
1 sprig of rosemary
1 egg white
10ml Crème de Mure
1. Add all ingredients to shaker, except crème de mure.
2. Dry shake, add ice, then hard shake and strain into a rocks glass with ice.
3. Sink the Crème De Mure.
4. Add crushed ice and garnish with 2 raspberries and a sprig of rosemary.
Aperol – Sweet dreams are made of these
Cocktail – Aperol Spritz Sour
3 parts Prosecco (or your favorite dry bubbly)
2 parts Aperol
1 part soda
Fresh lemon juice
A dash of syrup
1. Pour all ingredients into an ice-filled glass.
2. Garnish with a slice of orange.
Hello Joburg was first published in April 1980 as a monthly restaurant and entertainment magazine. Over the years we have developed a network of patriotic Joburgers that love nothing more than sharing their experiences in this beautiful city!