We love a good steak, Hello Joburgers, and are excited to announce the top 10 restaurants in South Africa to find the best that we have to offer!
Every year, The Wolftrap Steakhouse Championships hunt down the cream of South Africa’s greatest steakhouses – in the ultimate search to find the national champion, and this year, with the public’s support, and their votes, they have selected the top 10 (of which 3 are in Gauteng!)
The next step is to find the national champion, and the judges are hard at work. The 2017 Awards ceremony will take place on 18th July at the current Steakhouse Champion, The Local Grill in Parktown North.
In addition to Awards for the Top Ten Steakhouses and the Trophy for The Wolftrap Steakhouse Champion for 2017, this year there will be further Special Awards, including but not limited to: Newcomer of the Year, Chain Steakhouse of the Year and Steakhouse Legend of the Year.
Here are the three that are Jozi based, for your steak enjoyment:
· The Local Grill, Parktown North, Johannesburg – Gauteng (2013, 2014 and 2016 Champion)
· Karoo Cattle and Land – Irene, Pretoria – Gauteng
· The Godfather, Centurion, Pretoria – Gauteng
If you are heading to other parts of our country – then make sure to check out the following:
· Beef Boys Grill, Potchefstroom – North West
· HQ, Cape Town – Western Cape
· Jayz Grill, Pietermaritzburg – KwaZulu Natal
· Little Havana, Umhlanga Rocks – KwaZulu Natal (2015 Champion)
· Rare Grill, Kenilworth – Western Cape
· The Cricketer, East London – Eastern Cape
· The Grumpy Griller, George – Southern Cape
For more info on the top 1o finalists – click here
Hello Joburg was first published in April 1980 as a monthly restaurant and entertainment magazine. Over the years we have developed a network of patriotic Joburgers that love nothing more than sharing their experiences in this beautiful city!