Fifty years strong, Air Mauritius have just celebrated its 50 year anniversary, and is certainly…
It’s no secret that Air Mauritius is one of our all time favourite airlines. This four star international airline has been flying safely for 52 years in state of the art aircrafts.
One of the main reasons we appreciate them is because of their ethos for sustainability, they’ve embraced many corporate and green initiatives and continue to reduce carbon emissions and positively effect climate change. Plus for every take off they plant a tree!
READ MORE ON TRAVEL HERE.
-For 52 years, Air Mauritius has been flying safely to Mauritius and strategically to all the developing markets connecting Asia to Africa
-Today, Air Mauritius generates a revenue of EUR500m and carrying 1.7m passengers in new generation aircrafts, both A350-900 and A330-900 Neos with a load factor of 82%.
-Air Mauritius is the first airline globally to operate both of these types of new generation aircraft simultaneously, and the airline has invested EUR15.9m in fleet modernisation, product and service.
-Air Mauritius is working towards additional flights from Mauritius into Cape Town and Johannesburg, effective April 2020.
Last night we had the privilege of attending their 10th annual Travel Oscars extravaganza at The Houghton Hotel. The event honoured the top travel partners of Air Mauritius for 2019 and we were addressed by Grant Lottering, Air Mauritius sports ambassador, serenaded by brand ambassador of Air Mauritius, actor, director and presenter, Jonathan Boyton-Lee who even stripped down to his fabulous Air Mauritius speedo, inspired by musicians Danny K and Kabelo Mabalane and entertained by MiCasa. It was an evening to remember! But most significantly a Tree of Dreams had been structured with individual children’s dreams, which one could sponsor, apart of the Reach For Dream Foundation… truly moving!
Here is the list of winners of the 10th annual Air Mauritius Travel Oscar Awards announced:
· Top Marketing Partner Award 2019 – Travelstart
· Top Travel Smart Marketing Partner 2019 – The Holiday Factory
· Top Commitment Partner to Mauritius 2019 -The Holiday Factory
· Top Travel Smart Partner to Mauritius 2019 – Beachcomber Tours
· Top Committed Seats Partner to Air Mauritius Network for 2019 – One Stop Travel and Tours
· Special Commitment Awards
· Terry Munro from Beachcomber Tours
· Jacky Turnbull from the Holiday Factory
· Top Groups Partner 2019 Mauritius
1. Beachcomber Tours
2. Cullinan Holdings
· Top Groups Partner 2019 Beyond Mauritius – One Stop Travel and Tours
· Market Share Partner 2019 – Cullinan Holdings
· Strategic, Collaborative, Innovative and Authentic Leader Award 2019 – Morne du Preez at Tourvest
READ MORE ON HOME AND DECOR HERE.
· Highest Growth Partner Award 2019 – Club Med Southern Africa
· Top Corporate Consortium 2019 – Tourvest
· Top Retail Consortium Partner 2019 – Club Travel
· Southern Africa Top Performer 2019 Botswana – Lucky Sky Travelling Agency
· Southern Africa Top Performer 2019 Namibia – Rennies Travel Namibia
· Partnership Awards 2019
· Mauritius High Commission
· Board of Airline Representatives of South Africa (BARSA)
· Reach for a Dream Foundation
· IT Evolution
· Vault Marketing
· Vaughn’s Creations
· Now Media
· Passenger Handling – SAA
· Top Ten Partners Based On Growth 2019
1. Beachcomber Tours
2. The Holiday Factory
3. Flight Centre
5. Club Travel
6. Cullinan Holdings
7. World Leisure Holidays
8. Club Med Southern Africa
9. Travel Start
10. One Stop
To end off, Air Mauritius Regional Manager, Carla da Silva added: “For aviation to be a catalyst of prosperity, borders must be open to people and to trade, and travel should be made as accessible and as seamless as possible. The more people connected through flying, the greater the benefits to all the people of the world. The partners of Air Mauritius that are honoured at these awards have all played a part, in some way, in positively contributing toward this vision”
READ MORE ON ACCOMMODATION HERE.
Hello Joburg was first published in April 1980 as a monthly restaurant and entertainment magazine. Over the years we have developed a network of patriotic Joburgers that love nothing more than sharing their experiences in this beautiful city!