Go wild for this season’s hottest trend! Black animal print gloves, R49. Available from Joy Collectables. www.joycollectables.co.za READ MORE…
As we move towards April, more and more Joburgers are deciding where they want to spend their Easter Break. We know that a lot are opting for the coast, but we’re recommending a fantastic vacation a little closer to home at Lionsrock Big Cat Sanctuary in Bethlehem and this is why:
READ MORE ON OUR TOP 5 HERE.
1. The sanctuary was established by FOUR PAWS, which is an animal welfare organisation that’s dedicated to rescuing animals held in captivity. FOUR PAWS took over the property in 2006, converted it into a safe refuge and they’ve since rescued over 150 big cats from across the world. Guest should also note that all proceeds go directly towards the benefit of the rescued animals!
2. The cats aren’t the only attractions! The lodge also boasts loads of fun, family friendly activities like hiking, game drives, picnics and star-gazing. Other animals you can expect to see on the game drives include; Wildebeests, Duiker, Eland, Impala, and a variety of bird species.
READ MORE ON DINING OUT HERE.
3. There’s no entrance fee at the gate and day visitors are welcome!
4. The Lodge itself is absolutely stunning. The three-star lodge can accommodate up to 55 guests and has a choice of different styles of rooms, ranging from self-catering chalets to double luxury rooms. There’s also an onsite bar and restaurant where guests can indulge in delicious meals, and the Wi-Fi is uncapped and free. Not to mention the sparkling waters of the swimming pool and the kids jungle gym. The best part of your trip: You can even arrange for a private dinner in a cave.
READ MORE ON LEISURE ACTIVITIES HERE.
5. It’s pet friendly! That’s right, you can bring scruffy along at no additional cost, just let the team know before your stay and bring along his bed and food bowl.
Lionsrock Lodge, Farm Kleinbloemhof, Bethlehem, 9700
058 304 1691 Email [email protected] www.lionsrock.org
Hello Joburg was first published in April 1980 as a monthly restaurant and entertainment magazine. Over the years we have developed a network of patriotic Joburgers that love nothing more than sharing their experiences in this beautiful city!