Food & Drink, Recipes
Soy and Ginger Glazed Salmon
2 Tablespoons Muscovado sugar
2 Tablespoons grated ginger
1 Tablespoon grated garlic
¼ cup low-salt soya sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
½ cup red wine
Lime zest of 1 lime
1 Chopped spring onions
5 Sliced Radish
Halved Pak choi
- Mix the Muscovado sugar, grated ginger, grated garlic, soya sauce, vinegar and red wine in a small saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons of grated ginger lime zest. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C. Place the salmon fillet on an oiled baking dish.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of the cooled sauce over the fish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Check that the fish is cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and spoon over more sauce.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions, sliced radish and lime.
- Sear halved Pak Choi in pan, drizzle with remaining sauce and serve with the fish.
Hello Joburg was first published in April 1980 as a monthly restaurant and entertainment magazine. Over the years we have developed a network of patriotic Joburgers that love nothing more than sharing their experiences in this beautiful city!